Julie's almost healthy crock pot turkey chili. This Healthy Crock-Pot Turkey Chili is a beloved classic! Slow Cooker Turkey Chili – this healthy turkey chili is loaded with beans, veggies, and lean turkey. Just throw in the ingredients, and walk away, and come back to dinner.
This turkey chili is both comforting and healthy. So grab you slow cooker and cozy on up. Do I have to to cook it on the stove first? You can have Julie's almost healthy crock pot turkey chili using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Julie's almost healthy crock pot turkey chili
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of green pepper finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 28 oz of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 15.5 oz of can spicy chili beans.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 Pkg of favorite chili seasoning mix.
- It’s 2 TBS of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Garnishes (optional).
- It’s of Chopped green onion.
- You need of Finely shredded Mexican cheese.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Dollop sour cream.
It will give your chili more flavor and who doesn't want more flavor? Stopping just before the turkey is cooked all the way through will keep it from being too dry after. This easy turkey chili recipe uses lean ground turkey and a whole lotta beans! Make this in the slow cooker or Instant Pot, then pile on your favorite chili.
Julie's almost healthy crock pot turkey chili step by step
- Sauté green pepper and onion in oil (as needed) until soft, ~5 min, add turkey and cook until cooked thoroughly, add in garlic, Mix and drain..
- Add turkey mixture to crockpot and add remaining ingredients (excluding garnishes) cook low for 1 1/2 hours or high for an hour. Serve with favorite garnishes.
More chili recipes you might enjoy are Quick Beef Chili, Turkey Chili Taco Soup, and Buffalo Chicken and Bean Chili. Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe with ground turkey from the Biggest Loser show. Make on the stove, in crock pot or Instant Pot. This healthy turkey chili recipe originates from the Biggest Loser show. I used to watch it every every Monday night when I still had post-baby weight to lose.