Spiced Paleo Yule Log.
You can cook Spiced Paleo Yule Log using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced Paleo Yule Log
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need 150 grams of Honey.
- It’s 50 grams of Raw Cacao Powder.
- You need 200 grams of Cooked Chestnuts (pureed).
- You need 25 grams of Honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coconut Cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Mixed Spice.
Spiced Paleo Yule Log step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, 320°F.
- Line a Swiss roll tin or low sided baking tray with baking paper, leaving enough to hand over the top and bottom edges..
- Whisk the egg yolks with the honey and vanilla until pale and creamy..
- Wash the beaters and in a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, this will take around 5 minutes..
- Fold the cacao powder and cinnamon powder into the egg yolk mixture, then fold the egg whites in..
- Pour into your lined tin and bake for 20 minutes..
- Once cooked remove from the oven and cover with a sheet of baking powder followed by a damp tea towel, leave to cool..
- To make the filling: pop all of the filling ingredients into a food processor and whizz until a thick smooth puree has formed. Set to one side..
- To assemble your roll: Once the sponge is completely cool cover the top with a chopping board and flip. Peel off the under layer of paper..
- Cover the entire piece of sponge with a nice thick layer of filling working to the edges..
- To roll your log simply use the baking paper and tea towel to gently coax the sponge into a roll, short end to short end. Once rolled trim top and bottom to neaten if needed..
- Dust your roll with the cacao spice mix and top with a sprig of holly!.