Quiet Valley Roast Chicken.
You can cook Quiet Valley Roast Chicken using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quiet Valley Roast Chicken
- It’s 1 of whole chicken, I used 6 1/2lbs.cleaned and dry.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter, softened.
- You need 5 of sprigs rosemary.
- You need 4 of lemons.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic, cut in half.
- You need 2 of sage leaves.
- Prepare 3 of stems parsley.
- You need 3 of sprigs thyme.
- It’s 5 of carrots, peeled and cut in half.
- Prepare 3 of onions, cut in quarters.
- It’s 6 medium of potatoes, scrubbed clean.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Quiet Valley Roast Chicken step by step
- Bring pot of water to boil. Boil potatoes whole, about 15-20 minutes, not quite fully cooked. When cool enough to handle, peel and lightly coat with oil, set aside.
- Finely chop leaves of 2 sprigs rosemary, add to butter.
- Zest 2 lemon, add zest to butter. Reserve zested lemons for another use.
- Season butter with salt and pepper to taste, mix all together, set aside.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Season cavity of chicken with salt and pepper, stuff with 2 lemons cut in half, garlic, parsley, sage, thyme and remaining rosemary.
- Place carrots and onions in roasting pan. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Thoroughly coat chicken with herb butter..
- Place potatoes around chicken.
- Bake until done, until juices run clear, follow guidelines for times according to size of chicken. Baste chicken and potatoes with pan juices every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from pan, place on platter, cover loosely with foil, let sit 15 minutes before serving. Skim fat off pan juices and serve along side..