Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot. Make Sweet Potato Lasagna from Delish.com as soon as possible. Instant pot mashed sweet potatoes are a colorful and tasty alternative to the classic pale side dish. The electric pressure cooker transforms the dense Make sure to insert the steamer basket on the bottom of the pot, then put the cut potatoes on top.
Use flour for thickening the stew if needed, or just blend up a portion of. Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes might be your new favorite way to make sweet potatoes. Posted by: Lee Funke / Jump To Recipe. You can cook Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 cups of ricotta or cottage cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of spinach or some other yummy veg.
- You need of Olive oil (optional).
- Prepare of Shredded cheese (Italian blend or mozzarella).
- Prepare of Spices (see step #2 for details).
Amp up classic lasagna and pack it full of veggies for a hearty yet healthy dinner recipe that's perfect for Meatless Monday! Can I just say that the casserole dish is seriously one of the best inventions EVER. Ready in a fraction of the time, and they come out perfectly creamy, each and every time! The one thing that does change between the two sizes is the amount of water you add.
Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot instructions
- Peel sweet potato and use a mandolin to (carefully!) slice sweet potato into thin slices. (Hint: search for "slice-proof" kitchen gloves; you can find them for as low as $10 and they'll keep you from slicing off your poor fingers.).
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta or cottage cheese and your preferred spices. I like to add garlic (minced or powdered), a little bit of salt, a few twists of pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. You could add basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage, whatever you prefer..
- Tip: if you’re using cottage cheese instead of ricotta, use small curd and try to drain off some of the whey before you add in all of your spices. If you forget that step or just can't be bothered (sometimes you just don't wanna, right?), consider sprinkling in something like dried lentils or split peas to soak up some of the extra liquid, unless you don’t mind the result being a little soupy! Whatever makes you happy, it’s your food! 😁.
- Prep your spinach: if it's fresh, wash it and snap off the stems (unless you like the stems); if it's frozen, thaw it in the microwave; if it's canned, drain it..
- If you're using canned or frozen spinach, add it to the ricotta/cottage cheese mix. Otherwise, set it aside (you'll be using it as a layer)..
- In your baking dish, smear a thin layer of your fave pasta sauce, maybe 1-2 spoonfuls. (Make sure this is a bowl that will fit into your Instant Pot's inner bowl, if you're using an IP.).
- On top of the sauce, add a layer of sweet potato; make sure there's some overlap so that you can't see any of the layer under it between the slices..
- Add a thin layer of your cheese mix on top of the sweet potato. It can be a bit tricky to spread it without moving the potato around, but the sauce below it will help keep things in place..
- If you're using fresh leafy veg, add some of that on top of the cheese mix. If all of your veggies are mixed in with the cheese, add a layer of sliced sweet potato..
- I added some dried lentils on top of this layer of cheese because I wanted to add some lentil-y texture..
- Keep layering the veg and sweet potato and cheese until you run out or get close to the top of the dish. Add a thin layer of your favorite pasta sauce, then top that with as much shredded cheese as you like..
- In your Instant Pot's metal bowl, put down the metal trivet and add a cup of water (as per the usual IP instructions). Put the bowl of lasagna into the inner pot on top of the trivet, then load it up into the Instant Pot. Set it for 25 minutes on high pressure. Let it depressurize on its own after it's done..
- Sweet potatoes should be tender and easily eaten with a fork..
This kid-friendly Instant Pot chicken and sweet potatoes stew is one of those recipes you can keep in your back pocket when you just need something quick and easy. This gluten-free and dairy-free recipe comes from Carrie Forrest. This Sweet Potato Lasagna makes a comforting meal, made entirely out of whole foods. Instead of using traditional pasta, these lasagna "noodles" are made out of thinly sliced sweet potatoes for a naturally gluten-free dish. I love using sweet potatoes as an alternative to pasta, as they still have a.