How to Clean Small Horse Mackerel.
You can have How to Clean Small Horse Mackerel using 1 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of How to Clean Small Horse Mackerel
- You need 1 of as much (to taste) Horse Mackerel.
How to Clean Small Horse Mackerel step by step
- Quickly rinse the fish in a colander..
- With the fish set belly out, use kitchen scissors to pierce the fish behind the head. (It's important not to remove the head now)..
- Turn the belly towards you..
- Cut towards the tail and tear the head off by dragging the knife downwards and pulling out the innards in the same movement. ( Press on the belly and use your fingers to pull out the guts)..
- If the fish is big, remove the hard scales, but if it's little you don't have to..
- Rinse well and place in a colander..
- This time I seasoned and deep fried them..
- We put the heads and guts into a cardboard compost box for easy clean up..