Bourani of Clean Monday.
You can have Bourani of Clean Monday using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bourani of Clean Monday
- Prepare 1,5 kg of spinach, nettles and any kind of wild greens that you have (depending on the season).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 cup of olive oil.
- You need of salt, pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
Bourani of Clean Monday instructions
- Wash the wild greens thoroughly and cut them into medium-sized pieces..
- Blanch them without any water in a deep pot until their volume decreases a little..
- After about 10 minutes add 2 cups water, salt, pepper, half the oil and the juice of the lemon..
- Turn down the heat to half and let everything boil for 1 – 1 1/2 hour. The more they boil the better..
- In the meantime, prepare the batter. Dissolve the flour well in a cup with a little tepid water making sure it doesn't form any lumbs..
- When it is time, pour the flour mixture with the water in the soup because you want it to thicken. Stir constantly since you don't want the food to stick to the bottom of the pot..
- Add the rest of the oil and in about 5 minutes remove from heat. It is ready!.
- It is always served with plenty of lemon and pepper..