$3 USD Frugal Tuna Stovetop Casserole. This is a tuna casserole that even my picky family loves! The potato chips give the casserole a crunchy crust. No-Bake Tuna Casserole is now called Stovetop Tuna Casserole.
The diced onions and french friend onions added a little crunch, but more was needed. My mom used to make a tuna casserole using leftover potato chips. Tuna casserole is usually topped with a crunchy topping like bread crumbs or even crushed chips. You can cook $3 USD Frugal Tuna Stovetop Casserole using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of $3 USD Frugal Tuna Stovetop Casserole
- You need 1/2 box of Noodles (i use linguine or spaghetti).
- You need 1 can of Tuna.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 dash of Parmasan Cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of Seasoning Salt or regular salt.
- It’s 1 can of Mushroom Soup (try not to get the lesser sodium, has less flavor) INSTEAD OF A CAN OF WATER USE MILK.
The casserole should be baked uncovered so that this topping can crisp up during the baking process. If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other classic American dinner recipes Tuna casseroles are budget-friendly and comforting. The cheese cracker topping adds unexpected color, crunch, and flavor to this tasty tuna and shells casserole. You can make the casserole with.
$3 USD Frugal Tuna Stovetop Casserole step by step
- Put noodles in water and boil as directed..
- As noodles are boiling, add tuna, soup with the can of milk, garlic, salt, parmasan together in another pot and stir well on medium heat.
- When noodles are done/al dente, drain..
- Taste the sauce and add pepper or parmasan to your taste..
- Add the sauce on top of your noodles and you are done! A quick, frugal tuna casserole from the stovetop..
- You're welcome to add your own vegetables i.e. peas..
Either you love it or hate it. My little family is on the love-it-like-crazy-I-will-fight-you-for-the-leftovers side. If Tuna Noodle Casserole is not your thing, try my Crockpot Italian Chicken Pasta, Creamy Ranch Chicken Casserole or Crockpot Smoked Sausage Hash Brown. My first encounters with casseroles were from a box, where you added hamburger meat or canned tuna to a mix of dried noodles, cooking liquid, and some mysterious seasoning packet. Tuna Nicoise Stovetop Casserole recipe: To make a classic salad from the south of France a bit heartier for a weeknight family meal, we've transformed a tuna Nicoise into a stovetop couscous casserole.