Steak salad. Steak Salad makes a quick and easy midweek meal. Made with thin slices of pan-seared steak served over arugula and lettuce greens toss with a lemon vinaigrette. Balsamic Steak Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
This Steak Salad is hearty enough to serve as the full meal for lunch or dinner, and has tons of flavor. Steak is pan seared and sliced thinly, then paired with ingredients like queso fresco, avocado. Fabulous salad – plus it's a great way to use up leftover grilled steak! You can have Steak salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak salad
- It’s 1 of 10-12 oz sirloin for two to share.
- Prepare of salt, pepper and a drop of oil for frying.
- It’s 2-3 of large peppers.
- It’s 1 of large red onion.
- It’s 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 1 handful of mushrooms.
- You need 1 of small aubergine.
- You need 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard.
- It’s 3 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 6 tsp of olive oil plus extra for soaking the vegetables before cooking.
- Prepare a little of lemon juice.
- Prepare of truffle oil (optional, but worth it).
And while the vinaigrette was nice and light I opted to leave out the. Steak salad recipe with juicy slices of seasoned beef on a bed of colorful greens and crunchy vegetables. Tender pieces of thinly sliced flank steak elevate this meal to entree salad status. Steak SaladThere's not much better to me than a delicious salad with sliced steak over the top.
Steak salad step by step
- If you want to reduce stress levels, cook the steak first, it will benefit from extra resting. If you’re resilient, follow the instructions below..
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Core, top and tail the vegetables and cut the peppers and onion into eights, slice the aubergine and courgette into thickish strips and halve the mushrooms, if large. Place them all in a large bowl and drizzle generously with olive oil. Preheat a frying pan and the grill with no rack on it. Place the vegetables in the hot grill pan, season with salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes, tossing around every now and then. Meanwhile, when the frying pan is smoking hot, set the timer for 4 minutes, place the steak in the pan and flip every 15 seconds. Remove and keep in a warm place, covered loosely with foil..
- Mix the dressing for the veg with the mustard, balsamic, oil and lemon juice. When the vegetables are cooked, pour the dressing plus the resting juices from the steak over them and toss well. Slice the steak, divide the vegetables onto plates and drizzle with a little truffle oil. Place the steak slices on top of the vegetables and serve..
This is a take on a restaurant favorite. Lots of steps, but worth every second. For instance, a salad with juicy steak, and plenty of avocado and cheese on top. Searing a steak, seasoning a salad, and making a vinaigrette. All covered in today's class.errr, salad.