Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating). These vegan stuffed tomatoes are filled with a rice and veggie mixture and topped off with a bit of vegan cheese. Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process. Vegan stuffed tomatoes can be served as an appetizer, side, or main dish.
Try some of these healthy and low-fat recipes for vegetarian stuffed tomatoes (many—though not all—of these recipes are dairy-free and vegan as. Mediterranean Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice are my favorite hearty side dish recipe or healthy vegetarian main. They can be made either vegan or They can be made either vegan or vegetarian and are absolutely bursting with flavor. You can cook Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating)
- It’s 8 of Tomatoes (cut off tops and spoon out seeds).
- It’s 200 gms of Broccoli (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Medium Zucchini (grated).
- It’s 300 grms of Canned Chickpeas.
- Prepare 20 gms of raw lentils (cooked to packet instructions).
- You need 50 gms of raw quinoa (cooked to packet instructions).
- You need 1 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of Garlic Clove (crushed).
- You need 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
- It’s 3 gms of Parmesan Cheese (I used Vegan Parmesan).
- You need 60 gms of Feta Crumbled (I used Vegan coconut Feta).
- You need of The Spices/Herbs.
- You need 1 tsp of Sweet Paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili Flakes.
- You need 3 tsp of Dried Oregano.
Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients, these. To freeze and enjoy later: Cool stuffed tomatoes completely, then place in foil-lined baking pan. When ready to eat, thaw tomatoes completely. Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes.
Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating) step by step
- Cook the lentils and quinoa as per packet instructions. Drain well..
- In the meantime preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a non-stick saucepan with olive oil and heat. Add onion, garlic and Oregano, Paprika & Chili Flakes. Stir and cook until onion is soft. Add the broccoli and cook until soft. Remove from heat and break up broccoli into fine pieces. Add the cooked quinoa, zucchini, cooked lentils, chickpeas, Parmesan and feta. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine..
- Cut a thin slice off the top of the tomatoes, keeping the tops. Hollow the tomatoes using a teaspoon. Fill the tomatoes with the broccoli mixture and press down firmly. Top with cheeses and replace tops. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.
These rice stuffed tomatoes are a classic Italian recipe, they can be prepared ahead of time and baked just before dinner. Get delicious meat-free ideas to replace chicken, beef, pork and fish and eat more plants. Endlessly versatile, they are an absolute mainstay in my kitchen and These stuffed tomatoes can be wheeled out for an easy lunch or served as part of a potluck dinner or buffet. Vegan stuffed mushrooms are easy to make and packed with fresh herb-y, garlicky, citrus-y deliciousness. These little guys are great What makes this vegan stuffed mushroom recipe stand out from others is the addition of parsley-lemon dressing to brighten and pull together all the flavours.