Smoked turkey legs in Crock-Pot. These Crock Pot Turkey Legs are a great option for budget friendly holiday meals or everyday weeknight dinners. The brine in this recipe brings out all those holiday flavors in these legs for a fraction of the cost and without having to worry about thawing a whole bird. If you love the dark meat at Thanksgiving, need a turkey recipe that looks after itself, or just feel like eating Thanksgiving dinner anytime, this super-easy slow cooked recipe is what you want.
Guaranteed to be moist, fall off the bone tender every time. HOW TO COOK TURKEY LEGS PERFECTLY EVERY TIME. This method is very forgiving, so don't worry! You can cook Smoked turkey legs in Crock-Pot using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked turkey legs in Crock-Pot
- Prepare 6 of turkey legs.
- You need 3 teaspoons of poultry seasoning, divided.
- It’s to taste of Salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s 6 of 12×16 squares of foil.
The smoked turkey thigh creates a wonderfully rich and smokey soup broth and there is a LOT of meat for those who like a meaty soup. What kind of lentils to use While the smokiness of the meat really does impact the flavour of the soup, the other key ingredient are the lentils. In this easy cooking video, I cook some turkey legs in my Cosori slow cooker. Simply chop a few things, brown the turkey legs and throw it all in the slow cooker!
Smoked turkey legs in Crock-Pot step by step
- Wash the turkey legs, and shake off excess moisture. Sprinkle each turkey leg with about 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper to taste. Wrap the leg tightly in aluminum foil. Repeat with remaining legs..
- Place the wrapped turkey legs into a slow cooker with no liquids or other ingredients. Set the cooker to Low, and cook until the meat is very tender, 7 to 8 hours..
The result is tender, juicy pulled turkey leg meat that is delicious as is or great used as a base recipe to build on. Serving tip: Mix in your favorite barbeque sauce to make a pulled turkey slider or simply add lime juice to create a tasty taco filling. The ingredients are simple: Dried black eyed peas, salt, and a smoked turkey leg. I buy these in packs of two from Walmart but often Sam's has them cheaper in packs of three. Place turkey leg and dried peas in your slow cooker.