How To Clean Squid – You Can Eat The Legs and Liver, Too!.
You can cook How To Clean Squid – You Can Eat The Legs and Liver, Too! using 3 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of How To Clean Squid – You Can Eat The Legs and Liver, Too!
- It’s 1 of Squid (I used surume squid this time).
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Sake.
How To Clean Squid – You Can Eat The Legs and Liver, Too! step by step
- I'll clean a surume squid this time..
- Wash the squid. Pry apart anything that is attached to the inside of the body with your fingers..
- Hold onto the body and the part around the eyes tightly, and pull very very gently. The insides will slip out. Whoa!.
- Pull the plastic-like cartilage out slowly too to remove it..
- The base of the body where the cartilage was attached is tough and not very nice to eat. Scrape it off with a knife..
- Put your hand in the body again, and take out any slimy bits left in there. Rinse the body well and use in any recipes you like! I made squid stuffed with rice..
- Take the legs off next. Cut the legs off right under the eyes. Push between the eyes firmly and the beak (a round hard thing) will come out, so remove it..
- Cut the legs apart as you like..
- Put the legs on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt. If you press down on the legs with your palm and move your hand in a circular motion, you can remove the hard bits stuck to the suckers..
- Rinse the legs, put them in a colander, and sprinkle with more salt. Use in your favorite recipes!.
- Remove the liver: The liver is covered in a thin membrane. Open it up so that you don't crush the liver and take the liver out carefully. Work gently so that you don't break the ink sac. (The long thing part in the photo is the ink sac and the round red part is the liver.).
- I took it out in one piece. Put it in a colander and sprinkle with salt to remove the fishy smell. Use in your favorite recipes!.