Open Faced Roast Beef.
You can cook Open Faced Roast Beef using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Open Faced Roast Beef
- It’s 2 lb of Rare Deli Roast Beef (cheap is fine!).
- You need 1 of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 packages of Mushrooms (whatever's on sale but they should be sliced and this is not a required ingredient).
- Prepare 4 envelope of Low-sodium beef gravy mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of Beef broth, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Corn starch.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Potatoes (I make my own but instant is fine if you prefer).
- You need 1 tsp of Worchestershire sauce.
- You need of potatoes.
- You need 5 lb of Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Real butter (seriously, have you SEEN the ingredients in that supposed "healthy" crap?).
- You need 1 of as needed Half-and-half, heavy cream or, I guess, milk.
- Prepare 10 slice of Bread, toasted.
Open Faced Roast Beef step by step
- Peel the potatoes as needed. If they're red potatoes you only need to remove the eyes..
- Cut into equal sized pieces and put in water to boil for mashed potatoes. As a general rule, for medium-sized chunks, it takes about 15 to 20 min for potatoes to be ready to mash..
- Add a little bit of beef broth (maybe a half cup or so) to the bottom of a large pot or Dutch oven. Maybe about a half-inch to cover the bottom..
- To the broth add your mushrooms and your onions..
- On top of this add your roast beef which is rare. Turn on low..
- As this warms up mixed together Beef broth, cornstarch, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well. Put aside for later..
- Once the beef mushrooms and onions begin to get warm in the skillet or Dutch oven, turn up to a high heat, add the beef broth mixture and stir. This will thicken it..
- While this is heating up mix together the four envelopes of gravy mix. I use low-sodium because I don't like salt but if you like salt choose one that's just a regular one. I don't make my own gravy because I don't like all the fat content in it. (Tip: I use a small amount of water to create a paste, first, which eliminates lumps. Then I add the rest of the water as indicated on instructions).
- Let this mixture come to a boil and reduce down to low because everything is already cooked. Now all you're waiting for is the delicious potatoes to get done see you can mash them..
- The meat, mushrooms, and onions are already done as I said, so just keep them on low so they will stay warm. Make sure you don't let them stick to the bottom! Meanwhile prepare your mashed potatoes that you can serve with the mushroom gravy or brown gravy or whatever you've chosen to put in with your roast beef..
- Toast two pieces of bread per serving. Make sure to put the roast beef mushrooms and onions on top of the toasted bread. Seriously saturate that toady with gravy. Really..