Japanese Gourmet Rice.
You can have Japanese Gourmet Rice using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Gourmet Rice
- Prepare of Sticky rice.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Sesame seeds.
- You need of Cayenne pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Basil.
Japanese Gourmet Rice step by step
- Main Ingredient: Once you get glutinous rice (We use kodafarm's Sho-chiku-bai http://www.kodafarms.com/our-branded-products/)..
- Rinse: Put rice in a bowl and rinse several times till the water is clear and not milky. Cover it and let it stay soaked for an hour..
- Steam: Now put the rice in a pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes, and cover the lid with a slight air opening to allow the steam to flow out. Alternatively, you can use a pressure cooker to do the same. Finally, taste to make sure rice is completely cooked..
- Seasonings: You should now have regular tasting rice, except sticky. It's time to add seasonings, we start with an even spread of olive oil, followed by spraying black pepper, cayenne pepper and a generous helping of sesame seeds. Add salt and basil to your taste..
- Ready to serve: Our gourmet dish is now ready to serve. An accompanying curry of tofu, as shown in the image above is highly recommended..