Pina Colada Cupcakes.
You can have Pina Colada Cupcakes using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pina Colada Cupcakes
- It’s 1 of and 2/3 cups all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pineapple juice, 100% juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of coconut extract.
Pina Colada Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Make cupcakes: In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl melt the butter.
- Whisk in the granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg.
- Whisk in the pineapple juice, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until no lumps are left.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: With an electric mixer or stand mixer beat the softened butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar, cream, vanilla and coconut extract.
- Beat at high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.