Frito pie.. (chili beans). Frito Chili PieMy good, basic chili recipe and one of my favorite ways to use it! High school football games also mean Frito chili pies. Last night, I whipped up some for dinner.
The beans and beef in this recipe make a slight approximation to chili, but without the effort of making a delicious chili. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! A recipe for Frito Pie – the popular combination of homemade chili, shredded cheddar cheese and Fritos corn chips. You can cook Frito pie.. (chili beans) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Frito pie.. (chili beans)
- It’s 3 (29 oz) of can bushes baked beans (original).
- Prepare 1 of chili packet.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 48 oz of tomato juice.
- You need 1 can of v8 hot and spicy.
- You need 1 bag of fritos.
I'm definitely in a fall state of mind. On Sunday afternoon, I put a big pot of my favorite chili recipe on the stove to simmer while I watched. It is the perfect meal for busy weeknights or to enjoy on Game Day. Layer Fritos in the bottom of a baking dish topped with chili.
Frito pie.. (chili beans) instructions
- Brown ground beef.
- Add all ingredients to pot.. add meat when browned..
- Cook on med low for about 35 to 40 minutes.. do not cover and do not boil…
- Add frito and top with chili beans and cheese…
This Frito pie chili we made a couple years back on a chuckwagon. So over the years, and after all the chilis I've eaten, I've come up with my own recipe for chili … with beans. I may be committing Texas-suicide here but what do I care? Despite its name, Frito pie is not pie at all but rather a pile of Fritos with chili on top. The humblest version of the dish is served from the chip bag Of course, really any chili you prefer can be slathered on a bed of Fritos; just make sure it doesn't have beans in it, or a band of angry Texans may come.