Quick and Easy Milk Tart... I always thought milk tart was one of those South African dishes that was difficult to make. An easy way to make the classic milk tart! Step by step, it's not nearly as scary as it seems!
It is a traditional South African tart that is very easy to prepare." Milk Tart/Meltert – Easy, Rich and Creamy – Perfect entertaining pie with an easy press-on pastry crust. It doesn't take much to make this delicious, perfect-for-entertaining tart. For the crust: (If you find that there is too much dough for your pie dish, wrap the left-over dough in clingwrap and freeze for the next time you want to Hi Ally, Will find my receipe for crustless milk tart and will send it to you. You can have Quick and Easy Milk Tart.. using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Milk Tart..
- Prepare of Base.
- Prepare 125 ml of sugar.
- Prepare 125 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 500 ml of Flour.
- It’s 10 ml of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 1 of Tin Of Nestle Condensed Milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 15 ml of Butter.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 80 ml of Corn Flour.
- It’s 5 ml of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Powder For Sprinkling.
It is quick and easy to make and it is divine. Mix custard powder, cornflour, eggs, vanilla, salt and remainder of milk and add to hot milk mix, stir until thickens. The best tags are ones that the general public finds useful — e.g., Simple, Vegan, Chocolate, Easy, Advance, etc. This Caramel Tart is the epitome of goodness.
Quick and Easy Milk Tart.. step by step
- For The Crust : Cream sugar and butter well,add egg and beat before adding four,baking powder & salt,it will be like a dough texture,this recipie makes 2 milktarts or one big one,if you making one big one use all the dough and if two then put some dough in one baking pan and remainder in other,then bake that for 15 mins @ 200°F.. and leave aside to cool.
- For the filling :Combine condensed milk,milk and butter and microwave for 5 minutes on high,in another bowl beat eggs,corn flour and vanilla essence.. stir this into the milk mixture and microwave on high for 10 mins or till it is thick,checking occasionally to prevent lumps ,keep mixing when checking,once thick pour into your dishes,sprinkle cinnamon and put in fridge to set.
This proper milk tart recipe is perfect for those who want a tart with a collar. The double puff pastry frill is sure to impress your tea-time guests. So much nicer than custard tart. Served at afternoon tea and no leftovers. I did this recipe on the weekend for my South African husband.