Corn dogs. A corn dog (also spelled corndog) is a sausage (usually a hot dog) on a stick that has been coated in a thick layer of cornmeal batter and deep fried. Our corn dogs aren't just yummy. Served alongside your little one's favorite fruits and veggies.
Mix together a quick cornmeal batter, dip the hot dogs, and fry for a few minutes until golden brown. Prepare corn dogs at home just like you'd get at the fair. Both kids and grown-ups will love this hearty corn dog batter. You can have Corn dogs using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn dogs
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour (corn and wheat 1/4cup each).
- Prepare 6 pcs of beef smokies.
- Prepare 1/4 of tblspn cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 glass of milk.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Deep frying cooking oil.
- You need 2 glass of clean water.
Corn Dogs Recipe photo by Taste of Home. They are huge and the best batter. Corn dogs are popular fair food, and for good reason: the crunchy cornmeal crust pairs perfectly with the juicy hot dog within. Mounting them on a stick creates a portable treat.
Corn dogs step by step
- Boil the water in a sufuria, add your smokies and let it boil for for about one and half minutes remove them and let them cool.
- In a larger glass/bowl add your flour, cinnamon, salt, and chilli mix them properly, add egg mix, then add milk little by little until the butter is consistent like the pancake one..
- Heat the cooking oil, using skewers my case I used tooth pick 😃 pierce the smokie one side hold on the toothpick deep the smookie fully into the butter the deep fry it. Repeat to all other pcs, let them fry for 2-3minutes.
- Remove them from the heat and dry the excess oil and they are ready to serve 👍.
Corn Dog MuffinsSimple cornbread baked in muffin tins with a hot dog in the middle. Interested in making your own corn dogs or funnel cakes at home? Contact the corporate office today and we can take care of you! These Hand Dipped Corn Dogs are covered with a thick cornbread coating and fried to golden brown perfection. A classic corn dog is always great, but these variations are better.