Another broccoli slaw salad. This broccoli slaw salad has been a staple in my house for years. Why we love Broccoli Slaw: There are many reasons to fall in love with this salad, but here are a few of our favorites. This recipe is very personal and versatile.
Dressing: Combine olive oil, sugar, white vinegar, and seasoning packets from Ramen noodles. A recipe for a lightened-up version of classic broccoli slaw, which can be made ahead and serves a crowd. So I set out to modernize this retro slaw with a few fresh tweaks. You can have Another broccoli slaw salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Another broccoli slaw salad
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 2 of oriental or chicken flavor ramen (3oz size).
- It’s 2 of broccoli slaw (12oz size).
- You need 1/2 cup of slivered almonds.
- It’s of sunflower kernels (I usually do 1/2 cup).
- Prepare of dressing.
- Prepare 1 envelope of your choice flavor pack (I use two).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
The result is easy, lightened-up, and still oh-so-crunchy. If you don't have Marzetti Slaw Dressing available, your favorite brand or recipe will work well. Place the shredded broccoli into bowl and toss with the noodles, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Another broccoli slaw salad instructions
- Make sure you have a big enough container!! This recipe will fill a 2qt container!.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, set aside..
- Melt butter in pan while crushing ramen to small bits..
- *Med-low heat* Lightly saute the ramen and almonds in the butter until it's color is more buttery and it's tender (they shouldn't be soft though!).
- Toss ramen with broccoli slaw and sunflower kernels..
- Toss everything with dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let the dressing set in..
- Optional additions (add in right before dressing): chopped green onions, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, juice of one lime or lemon, 1 cup fresh spinach (I usually chop it up a bit). Play with flavors!.
What's not to like in a slaw that is the perfect combination of sweet and salty, crisp and creamy? Instead of cabbage, we've used broccoli slaw, which is shredded broccoli stalks. This Broccoli Slaw Salad in a Jar is the perfect packable lunch! Rainbow Salad (cauliflower, carrots, broccoli & red cabbage). Plus, most salads (and slaws) that I met were either underdressed or overdressed—the latter being, of course Thin slices of broccoli go with literally every other salad-friendly ingredient—from citrus, to It goes very nicely with roasted chicken or salmon—or, if you're like the new me, with another salad.