Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk. Shish Tawook is a popular Middle Eastern grilled chicken recipe. Chunks of tender & juicy chicken marinated in yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and spices and served with a garlic aioli (Toum). Shish tawook (also spelled tawouk and taouk) is a widely popular chicken dish in the Middle Eastern countries.
We love this served on Syrian bread, but it would also be. Lemon and garlic bring a burst of flavor to these grilled chicken skewers. Shish Tawook (or Shish Taouk) is a traditional Middle Eastern marinated chicken dish. You can have Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken breasts, cut in medium cubes.
- You need of – For the marinade:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 10 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of 7 spices.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
Carefully remove any excess fat from each chicken thigh and slice into cubes of approximately equal. Who could resist these beautifully grilled cubes of chicken known as Lebanese Shish Taouk? Marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, tomato puree, loads of garlic and exotic spices, this is one excellent chicken shish taouk recipe. I have a FREE PRINTABLE for you.
Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk step by step
- To prepare the marinade, mix the ketchup and mayonnaise in a deep bowl. Add the lemon juice and stir well so the mixture does not clot..
- Add in the crushed garlic, thyme, 7 spices, black pepper, paprika, and salt. Mix well. Gradually add the vegetable oil while stirring..
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, mix well and let them marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hr..
- Preheat the oven on medium heat, transfer the chicken cubes with their marinade to an oven tray and put it in the oven for 30 to 45 min or until the chicken is well done and the sauce thickens..
- Serve with garlic cream and fried potatoes..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'garlic cream' in this application..
Juicy chicken thighs are seasoned with a shish taouk blend including allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon and roasted in the oven on a bed of potatoes. Once cooked, its dressed with a touch of delicate parsley and garlic oil. On the side, pita is grilled and crumbled into a salad of fresh romaine lettuce, crisp. Chicken chunks are marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, and several spices before being skewered with onions and bell peppers. Whisk together the lemon juice, vegetable oil, plain yogurt, garlic, tomato paste, salt, oregano, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, and cardamom in a large bowl; add the chicken and.