Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese. The Food Lab: Hearty Vegan Mushroom Bolognese. Almost every recipe I've come across for vegan bolognese sauce relies on a product like tempeh, textured vegetable protein. Plant-based dinners don't have to mean obscure ingredients and wacky techniques.
It's high in protein and low in fat, tastes like the classic recipe, but is much healthier. I tried textured soy protein for the first time when I. Dig into a vegan lentil bolognese that has all the heartiness of the traditionally meat-based dish. You can have Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese
- You need 1 of small head of cauliflower.
- You need 1 lb of mushrooms, I prefer a wild mix.
- Prepare 2 cups of carrots, shredded or whole.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion.
- You need 4 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dry thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 cans (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Within the pasta kingdom, few dishes deserve the title of "comfort food" more than pasta bolognese. This Vegan Bolognese is a rich and flavorful sauce for those 'meat lovers' in your family. I use riced cauliflower and mushrooms to recreate the traditional 'hamburger' used in this sauce. Like this Vegan Bolognese made with an abundance of garlic, mushrooms and lentils slow simmered with more herbs than should be legally allowed in a Bolognese.
Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese step by step
- Rough chop your cauliflower, carrots,onions and mushrooms..
- Add your vegetable mix and garlic in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped (essentially looks like ground beef).
- In a pot heat up about 1/2 cup of oil..
- Add your vegetable mix, herbs and spices and saute until they soften..
- Add your red wine and reduce by 1/2..
- Add your tomatoes and sugar and simmer for about 35/40 mins.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy!.
Vegetarian Bolognese Zoodles for an easy vegan and gluten-free pasta dish. Same consistency as real bolognese and tons of flavor! A meatless vegan Bolognese sauce stars in this vegetarian lasagna recipe. Drumroll… meet your new meatless-Monday favorite: Wavy Lasagna with Mushroom Tofu Vegan Bolognese! Vegan bolognese is a plant-based version of this popular Italian dish.