Tale of Two Gravies or Breakfast for Dinner 2.
You can cook Tale of Two Gravies or Breakfast for Dinner 2 using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tale of Two Gravies or Breakfast for Dinner 2
- You need of Biscuits——————.
- Prepare 6 of large biscuits see any of my recipes.
- Prepare of Gravy 1—————-.
- It’s 28 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt more if desired.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crispy cooked bacon.
- You need 1/4 cup of bacon drippings.
- You need 2 tablespoons of self-rising flour.
- You need of Gravy 2———————.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 pound of breakfast sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need As needed of oil if at all needed.
- It’s of Grits———————–.
- Prepare As needed of see my recipe my dad's grits.
Tale of Two Gravies or Breakfast for Dinner 2 instructions
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan and render the fat..
- In another pan fry the sausage in the pan and render the fat if not enough add cooking oil so you can make a Roux..
- When the bacon is done remove the bacon from the pan pour some of the drippings in a heat resistant container. Save out about a quarter cup of drippings..
- Add the flour and make the Roux..
- Now add the tomatoes..
- Stir well till it's thickened to your desired consistency..
- For the sausage add flour.
- Make the Roux.
- Add the milk stirring constantly..
- Add salt and pepper. Stir till thickened the you want it..
- Add the gravies to what ever you desire biscuits and grits, rice just about anything you can eat with gravy..
- I hope you enjoy!!.