Roman-Style Anise Bread.
You can have Roman-Style Anise Bread using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roman-Style Anise Bread
- You need 250 grams of Strong bread flour.
- Prepare 150 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need 15 grams of / 7 grams Fresh yeast / dry yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt (gourmet salt).
- You need 1 tsp of Anise seeds.
- You need 3 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Flour (for dusting).
Roman-Style Anise Bread step by step
- Combine all the ingredients except for the bay leaves, and knead well. When the dough becomes smooth, cover it with a damp towel and let it rise for 30 minutes. If using a loaf pan, place the bay leaves at the bottom..
- Once the dough rises, punch it down, and put it in the loaf pan, or form it into any desired shape. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then preheat the oven to 400F/200C..
- Dust flour on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the mold, and cool..
- The bay leaf is bitter, so remove it before serving..