Frosted Rhubarb Cookies.
You can have Frosted Rhubarb Cookies using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frosted Rhubarb Cookies
- You need of Dough.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- You need 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of diced fresh rhubarb.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of cream cheese, softened, about 1 1/2 oz.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 3/4 cup of confectioners' sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Frosted Rhubarb Cookies step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter & brown sugar. Beat in egg..
- Sift flour, baking soda, & salt into creamed mixture. Mix well. Fold in rhubarb..
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire cooling racks until completely cool. (You may want to allow hot cookies to rest for a minute before transferring to the wire rack).
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese & butter in a small mixing bowl. Add vanilla & confectioners' sugar. Mix throughly. Spread over cooled cookies..