Vichyssoise with Fennel. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Ladle the soup into chilled bowls and garnish with fennel leaves. (Creme Vichyssoise Glacée). This thick French soup is made with puréed leeks, onions, potatoes Inspired by the potato and leek soup of his childhood, he named the soup crème Vichyssoise glacée.
A thick creamy potato soup flavored with leeks or. This marvelous fennel and potato soup, reminiscent of the classic potato and leek soup known as vichyssoise, gets its silkiness from butter, a touch of cream, and Yukon Gold potatoes. The Vichyssoise recipe out of our category Cream Soup! You can cook Vichyssoise with Fennel using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vichyssoise with Fennel
- You need of Basic soup paste:.
- It’s 800 grams of Potatoes.
- You need 1 of Fennel (with the stems).
- Prepare 1/2 small of or 1/4 medium Onion.
- You need 20 grams of Butter.
- It’s 400 ml of Water.
- You need 1 of Consommé soup stock cube (vegetable consommé if available).
- Prepare of For the soup (3 servings plus):.
- Prepare 400 ml of Paste.
- Prepare 400 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 of Gourmet salt.
- It’s 1 of Fennel leaves.
Emeril Lagasse combines prosciutto, mirepoix, and beet soup with fennel. To complete the dish he transfers the mixture into a chilled bowl on ice to create a tasty cold soup. This velvety fennel soup with leeks, potatoes, and cream can be served hot or cold like a Vichyssoise for an elegant first course. Named after the town of Vichy, the soup's provenance is subject to debate among culinary historians as to whether it is truly a French dish or an American.
Vichyssoise with Fennel step by step
- First, let's make the paste. Mince the onion and the stems of the fennel. Cut the potatoes into 1 cm thin slices..
- Melt the butter in a pot (or a pressure cooker), and sauté the onion and fennel until they become soft and wilted. Add the potatoes, and continue stir-frying..
- Add the water and consommé cube, bring to a boil, and skim off the scum. Simmer until the potatoes become soft..
- Let them cool down, blend in a blend to make the paste. When it's cooled, it's great mashed potatoes. It's also good to serve with fish à la meunière..
- Make the soup. Add the same amount of milk as the paste, and simmer until the mixture is not lumpy anymore. Adjust the flavor with salt. Let it cool, and chill in the fridge..
- This is a cold vichyssoise. Adjust its consistency to your liking. You can adjust it with milk later..
- Freeze the remaining paste. Put the frozen paste in milk, and warm them up to make soup..
Over the years, I've repeatedly paired potato gnocchi with leeks, a logical progression from the excellent classic leek and potato soup, a.k.a. vichyssoise in its chilled version. Celery roasted with a little fennel and garlic and then pureed with chicken broth and potatoes makes for a nice starter or light lunch. A touch of half and half or cream with a spritz of lemon finishes it off. La vichyssoise est une soupe, faite de purée de pomme de terre, de blanc de poireau et de bouillon de poule, avec ou sans oignon, liée à la crème fraîche et condimentée de ciboulettes ciselées. Il s'agit d'une soupe traditionnellement chaude servie glacée.