You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]. Easy Chinese Chicken Recipes, Authentic Chinese Recipes, Clean Eating Recipes Homemade You Tiao (Chinese Donuts) are crispy on the surface, extra airy, fluffy, and tender inside, just Vegan Chinese Doughnuts – takeout style, make 'em in the air or deep fryer. Our you tiao recipe is easy to make and hard to beat. Now, repeat those steps with the remaining you tiao dough.
Learn how to make the classic Chinese breakfast staple with safe ingredients while achieving the best texture, just like the street vendors. You Tiao is a savory donut that has a beautiful golden color. You Tiao is a Chinese breakfast food found in many parts of Asia like Singapore, Malaysia, Guangzhou and Taiwan. You can have You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]
- Prepare 260 g (2 cups) of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 10 g (2 tsp) of baking powder.
- You need 1.25 g (1/4 tsp) of baking soda.
- You need 3 g (1/2 tsp) of salt.
- Prepare 8 g (2 tsp) of granulated white sugar.
- You need 10 ml (2 tsp) of flavorless vegetable oil/cooking oil.
- Prepare 150 ml (1/2 cup) of + 2 tbsp) water.
Learn to make healthy vegan chinese you. Make light and airy Chinese you tiao with this easy fool-proof recipe (No ammonia is used). These vegan cake batter donuts are loaded with sprinkles for a fun and delicious dessert that everyone will be sure to love! These Vegan Cake Batter Donuts are loaded with sprinkles and topped off with vanilla icing for a delicious vegan dessert!
You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] instructions
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then make a well in the center..
- Add oil and water into the center. Using a wooden spoon or chopstick, stir everything to combine thoroughly..
- Once the liquid is absorbed, start kneading with your hand for about 1 minute. The dough will be a little dry, but it should form a ball..
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap or damp cloth. Let sit for 30 minutes..
- Knead the dough for another 5 minutes. Then coat the ball of dough with cooking oil so it does not dry out. Cover again and let sit at room temperature for 4 hours or in the fridge overnight..
- If you stored it overnight, leave it out on the counter for 1-2 hours until it gets to room temperature. Then transfer it onto a lightly floured surface..
- Flour your hands and the dough if it feels sticky. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Then roll each to a long log..
- With a rolling pin, flatten each log into a rectangle of about ¼-inch thick..
- With a knife or bench scraper, cut them into ¾-inch wide strips..
- Preheat enough cooking oil in a pot or deep skillet to 400°F or 200°C..
- Place one identical dough strip over another. Lightly flour them if sticky. Then use a wooden skewer or thin chopstick to press down the middle lengthwise. With one good press, it should be to make an indentation on both sides of the dough..
- When the oil is ready, gently pull the two ends of each piece to stretch it to about 4 times its original length. Place in the oil and start turning it around with tongs or a chopstick after 3 seconds. This constant turning will allow the dough to puff easily and evenly. Fry until it is golden brown..
- Repeat with the rest and remember to cover any uncooked dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap so it does not dry out..
They're also baked, easy to make, and. Everyone will love these cinnamon sugar coated donuts that are baked, not fried. After the holiday, Chinese doughnut sticks (Youtiao, 油条) became one of the specialities that they If Chinese doughnut sticks are part of your food nostalgia too, I hope my recipe is exactly what you ONE of the winners did you tiao. All ingredients the same except it uses water n no baking soda just. Are Dunkin Donuts' Donuts Vegan Friendly?