Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja.
You can have Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja
- You need 2 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of minced onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of dice red bell peppers.
- You need 3 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of minced cilantro.
- Prepare 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green olives.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- You need of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of water.
Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja step by step
- Brown meat and season with salt & black pepper..
- Drain and add onions, garlic, & peppers..
- Cook 3-4 minutes..
- Add meat mixture to slow cooker and add cilantro, tomato sauce, 1 1/4 cups water, olives, & spices..
- Cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours..
- Remove bay leaves and serve over rice..