Coconut Shrimp for Two.
You can cook Coconut Shrimp for Two using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp for Two
- Prepare 8 large of shrimp (raw), cleaned, deveined, tails on.
- You need 1 large of egg, beaten.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweet coconut flakes.
- Prepare of peanut oil for frying.
Coconut Shrimp for Two instructions
- NOTE: I don't recommend substituting regular breadcrumbs for the panko breadcrumbs in this recipe as the breading will not be as crispy. Most U.S. groceries now carry panko breadcrumbs. They're also sold online..
- Set up your breading line. In a shallow dish, mix the flour, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. On a dinner plate mix together the panko crumbs and the shredded coconut..
- Working with one shrimp at a time, cover in the seasoned flour and shake off excess. Then dip into the egg and allow excess to drain back into the bowl. Lay on top of the crumbs/coconut mixture, scoop more of the crumbs/coconut mixture on top of the shrimp, and press the breading with the palm of your hand to help it adhere well to the shrimp. GENTLY shake off excess, then set on a plate and continue breading the remaining shrimp..
- When all shrimp have been breaded, allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. This is important when you're frying anything that's breaded in this manner to ensure that the breading stays on after you put it into the hot oil. This is the perfect time to start your rice cooking for a side dish and to heat up the oil for frying..
- In a large skillet, heat up about 1/2 inch of peanut oil on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, carefully place the shrimp in the oil but don't crowd the skillet. Fry until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side..
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with my Sweet Orange Dipping Sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/365471-sweet-orange-dipping-sauce.