Pressure Cooker Turkey.
You can have Pressure Cooker Turkey using 8 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Turkey
- You need 1 of turkey.
- Prepare 1 cup of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 gallon of water.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 8 quart of pressure cooker.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of celery stalk.
Pressure Cooker Turkey step by step
- If you want a brine, the day before cooking, boil 1 gallon of water with salt & brown sugar..
- Add another gallon water when cool..
- Soak turkey in a 5 gallon bucket with brine for 8-16 hours..
- Cut up turkey: drumsticks 1st, wings 2nd, thighs 3rd, then separate back from breast part..
- Line 8-quart bottom of pressure cooker with carrots & celery..
- Add 1 cup of water, no more..
- Place turkey back on vegetables with ribs facing up..
- Add butt, neck, & organs. Then place breast carcass in cooker..
- Stick a drumstick in cavity of breast carcass..
- Add to to pot the other drumstick, thighs, then wings last..
- Cover & lock cooker, then bring to pressure..
- Cook 3 minutes per pound..
- When time is up, quick release with water in sink. Do not slow release..
- Place turkey pieces on baking sheet & rub butter then sprinkle on salt..
- Broil pieces on second rack level or 4 inches from flame for 5-8 minutes until golden, rotate 180°F halfway through..
- Lower rack one position and broil breast carcass. You can prop up breast with the back piece for even browning..