Heidi's Sensational Motherload Lasagne.
You can cook Heidi's Sensational Motherload Lasagne using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Heidi's Sensational Motherload Lasagne
- Prepare of meat sauce.
- Prepare 2 large of brown onions- cooking onions.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 2 kg of mince beef.
- It’s 2 of 500 gm jars bolognaise sauce- I use Dolmio extra garlic.
- You need 3 can of Heinz tomato soup – 420 gm.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, grated – optional.
- It’s 1 of carrot, grated – optional.
- Prepare 2 of packets instant lasagne sheets.
- It’s 5 of heaped dessert spoons corn flour.
- You need 4 cup of milk.
- You need 300 ml of cream.
- It’s 1 of sachet masterfoods cheese finishing sauce – optional.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vegeta (gourmet chicken stock powder).
- You need 2 cup of grated tasty cheese.
- Prepare 1 of decent dash salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of extra grated cheese.
- You need of cheese sauce.
- Prepare 5 of heaped dessert spoons butter.
Heidi's Sensational Motherload Lasagne instructions
- In a large frying pan cook onion and garlic until soft. Add mince to pan and cook until brown.
- Add bolognaise sauce and tomato soup to pan. The tomato soup gives a great flavour. Simmer gently.
- Add vegetables. I have a food processor and blitz zucchini, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower until they're extremely fine and can be hidden in the sauce so the kids don't notice.
- While the meat sauce is simmering, place butter in large pot over cook top until almost melted and add corn flour, stirring with a whisk for approximately 1 min until you get a nice yellow roux.
- Add the milk, 1 cup at a time, whisking in between to rid any lumps. Add in cream, cheese sauce, vegeta, salt and pepper to taste. Keep this simmering for 5 or so mins until it thickens. Stir through cheese until melted.
- In a large lasagne dish spread a small amount of meat sauce, until the bottom of the dish is covered. Lay lasagne sheets side by side, don't overlap them but they can be broken if the last sheet is too big.
- Top the sheets with meat sauce until covered spooning the bechamel sauce over the meat.
- Repeat until the lasagne dish is nearly at the top, for the top layer, omit the meat sauce and smother the lasagne sheets with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top and cook, covered with aluminium foil in an oven preheated to 200°C for half hour. Remove foil and cook for a further 15 mins until the lasagne is bubbling and golden brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 mins before serving.
- This recipe makes 2 large lasagnas so halve if you only want one. I slice and freeze one up for lazy nights and freeze the left over meat sauce in batches for when I make spaghetti bolognaise or as a base for sloppy Joe's etc so it's economical.