Vegetarian mexican lasagna. This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. Mexican-inspired ingredients are layered lasagna-style with a ricotta and spinach mixture between corn tortillas in this vegetarian baked dish. Be the first to review this recipe.
The Best Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna Recipes on Yummly Mexican Lasagna, Mexican Lasagna, Bush's Two-bean Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna. Lori Wyeth's recipe began nearly a decade ago as a beef lasagna. "The beef changed to turkey, then soy crumbles, then beans as my eating. You can have Vegetarian mexican lasagna using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mexican lasagna
- It’s 2 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- You need 1 of large red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large orange bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 pack of mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie).
- You need 2-3 tablespoon of cheezwhiz.
- You need 150 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso).
- Prepare to taste of hot sauce (I've used Cholula original).
- You need 5 of flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta).
- Prepare 25 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- You need to taste of chipotle or chili powder.
Be the first to rate & review! Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too! You can even serve it with eggs for breakfast.
Vegetarian mexican lasagna step by step
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes..
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy..
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside..
- Preheat the oven at 350°..
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate..
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands..
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla..
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder..
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes..
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad..
Would be easy to convert to vegetarian if you needed to. I collect cookbooks and recipes (this one is from my son's mother-in-law). My husband teases me that I won't live long enough to try half of the recipes in my files! This vegetarian lasagna features kicked up Mexican flavors with salsa and jalapenos for extra Lasagna is one of those dishes I reserve for the winter months, when I want something warm and. This collection of vegetarian and vegan lasagnas will help you find the perfect dish for a dinner with family and friends to which some guest might be vegetarians or vegans.