Gourmet French Toast.
You can have Gourmet French Toast using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gourmet French Toast
- You need of Serving size is based on 1 slice per serving.
- It’s 8 Slices of texas toast bread.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream; (you can use half-n-half/whole milk).
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of orange zest.
- You need 8 of tsps. unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of extra rich pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of salt.
Gourmet French Toast instructions
- Prep Time 37 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over medium heat..
- While mixing the batter up; dry bread on a wire rack in middle of the oven for 13 to15 minutes. Remove and set aside..
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except flour; whisk well..
- Slowly add flour; whisk well..
- Now coat both sides of bread with mixture and set on a plate..
- Add 1tbsp. of butter to skillet over medium heat until hot..
- Place one coated piece of bread into skillet and cook 11/2 to 2 minutes per side; until brown and crusty on edges..
- Transfer to a plate and repeat process until all pieces of bread are cooked..
- Serve with powdered sugar, maple syrup, and whip cream on top. Or your favorite fruit on top; etc..