Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker). Arroz con pollo means rice with chicken in Spanish and it's been on my list to make in the pressure cooker for a long while now. Bren now owns twelve pressure cookers, both stove top and electric. Contrary to popular opinion, arroz con pollo actually originated in Spain; but its worldwide popularity definitely emerged from the Caribbean.
How to Make Pressure Cooker Arroz con Pollo. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and Psst. You can have Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker) using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker)
- It’s 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast – cut to 1" cubes.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of bell pepper (green or red) – diced.
- It’s 2 cups of yellow onion – diced.
- It’s 1-2 of jalapeños – seeded and minced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of group cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of brown rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can low sodium tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas (optional).
- Prepare of ~Suggested garnishes.
- It’s of Chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Lime wedges.
Arroz con Pollo is nowhere Mexican. It's a basic staple in Cuba and Puerto Rico. This Pressure Cooker Arroz Con Pollo recipe is a simple chicken and rice dish that is bound to make the whole family happy. It's a delicious Mexican recipe that's bursting with flavor and is crazy addictive, so be prepared to make this dish on a regular basis.
Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker) step by step
- Heat pressure cooker on brown/saute mode. When hot add oil, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and all spices. Saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken. Stir to combine..
- Immediately add rice on top of chicken, then tomato sauce and chicken broth. Stir only a couple times to combine. Close and seal lid. Ensure steam vent is closed. Set to poultry for 35 minutes..
- When time is up let sit 10 minutes. Carefully release steam. Remove lid. Stir in peas if desired. Return lid and let sit 5 minutes for peas to warm through..
- If dish seems a little tp thick/rice too sticky you can add about 1/2 cup extra chicken broth. Serve with desired garnishes. Enjoy!.
Will Arroz Con Pollo Work in the Instant Pot? This traditional recipe for arroz con pollo has been adapted for the Instant Pot®! This counter-top electric pressure cooker has beauty and brains. The body and the cooking insert are stainless steel and the digital logic makes it. Arroz – Spanish Rice: Mexican Pressure Cooker Recipes.