*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter. I wanted to share my take on some of my favourite Caribbean dishes! By all means, every island makes things slightly. Soak salt fish in water overnight or several days (water changed several times).
Your recipe was easy to understand but what should or maybe what kind of condiment would go with. These West Indian salt fish fritters are perfect finger food. Serve with plenty of pepper sauce for dipping. You can cook *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- It’s 1/3 cup of small diced green peppers.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of small diced onion.
- You need 1/3 cup of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- You need 2 cups of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda OR baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of old bay season.
- It’s 1 tsp of seafood season (if you have).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
There are many ways in which salt fish is prepared in the Caribbean but the most popular way is fried. We say fried but what we really mean is sautéed with thyme, lots of onions, tomatoes, and hot pepper. Easy step by step instructions to make traditional Newfoundland salt cod fish cakes. Fish-n-brewis (or a similar version called fisherman's brewis) is basically salt fish simply mixed with potatoes, hard bread, pork fat and fried onion (and maybe a little drawn butter over top).
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter instructions
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
Salt fish is a really useful ingredient to have in the fridge, and it is easy to make your own. Try it in these delicious fritters. These fritters are absolutely delicious and worth the salting process alone, but search for other salt fish recipes, too, and experiment with your homemade supply. Salt-curing your own freshly caught fish not only saves room in the freezer, but it also connects you to an age-old preservation method. Use table salt or sea salt as your curing medium before air-drying the fish.