Vegetarian Dinner with Quorn and Kidney Beans. Cozy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes featuring the BEST of seasonal produce! Quorn enchiladas are a healthier vegetarian version of the classic Mexican dish. These quorn enchiladas would be great for serving guests at a dinner party too.
Click to get more delicious dishes from around the world with Quorn. Delicious dishes from around the world from fragrant Thai to Quorn Mince curry or fiery Mexican. Remarkably similar in taste to real beef stew, but made with kidney beans for that no-cholesterol, no-fat goodness. You can have Vegetarian Dinner with Quorn and Kidney Beans using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Dinner with Quorn and Kidney Beans
- It’s 1 of grated red onion.
- You need 1 of grated carrot.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare to taste of parsley.
- Prepare to taste of ground coriander.
- It’s to taste of basil.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 300 g of quorn chicken pieces.
- You need 480 gr of red kidney beans.
- It’s 150 gr of sweetcorn.
- Prepare of tomato puree.
- You need 1 of oxo stock cube.
I found this on boutell.com web-site. You may add tamari (soy sauce) for colour, and a few teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes. I did not count in the time to soak beans overnight. Protein restriction for vegetarians with kidney disease.
Vegetarian Dinner with Quorn and Kidney Beans instructions
- Cook the grated onion and carrot and garlic, in a bit of vegetable oil, along with the parsley, coriander and basil..
- Add the quorn chicken pieces and cook until they are soft..
- Add the kidney beans and sweetcorn and cook on low heat..
- Add tomato puree and an oxo cube and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Let it cool cool down for a few minutes and enjoy!.
The quality of vegan protein sources is a concern for dietitians working with vegetarian patients. Beans and nuts are considered too high in potassium and phosphorus to be incorporated into a kidney diet. But with careful dietary planning with. Kidney beans are a popular type of bean. They are highly nutritious, but toxic when raw.