Southern BBQ Venison. Hunting season makes for some good eating at the Pit for sure. The next time you need a game recipe, check out this barbecue "low and slow" bacon stuffed. Barbecuing tender and moist Venison is easy to do if you take a few extra steps while preparing it.
Obviously you can use beef or lamb here. Give your deer a delicious dash of southern BBQ. The Best Venison Hamburger Meat Recipes on Yummly You can have Southern BBQ Venison using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern BBQ Venison
- Prepare of Marinade.
- It’s 25 oz of Bottle of BBQ sauce.
- You need 3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Jack Daniels.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of Steaks.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of venison steak.
Cabbage Roll In A Bowl, Bacon Wrapped Venison Tenderloin, Double Cheddar Loaded Fry Burger. Venison shanks take a long time to cook to make sure that the meat is tender. Close the lid and continue grilling. This dish, a southern staple of a Louisiana kitchen, won't let you down.
Southern BBQ Venison step by step
- Combine all marinade ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Place steaks in marinade for desired time. Cover and put in fridge.
- Cook steaks on grill to your liking.
The BBQ Pit Boys cook up a Venison Meatloaf at the Pit and serve it with a side of Hocks, fresh Turnips and Greens. Ground venison mixed with pork and pan-fried onions and mushrooms makes a flavorful burger, especially when topped with homemade sauce and pepper Jack cheese. Venison benefits from long, slow cooking, and this Scottish dish develops a beautifully earthy sweetness – try it as an alternative to turkey, or for Hogmanay. Need a new venison burger recipe? This beer cheese-stuffed venison slider should be at the top of your must-try list.