Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips. Just as tasty as competition chicken thighs, this recipe for grilled BBQ chicken thighs is a winner. Directions for a baked version are included. The chicken is first marinated in an olive oil-vinegar-spice mixture, grilled, and in the final stages of cooking, slathered with a sweet-and-spicy barbecue.
The Trick to Good Grilled BBQ Chicken. Sticky sweet Honey BBQ Chicken Strips are perfect for dinner or game day! I started with chicken tenders but if you have boneless, skinless chicken breasts on hand, just cut them into strips. You can cook Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips
- You need of ● For The Proteins.
- You need 2 lbs of Fresh Chicken Strips [fat trimmed].
- You need of ● For The Basic Chicken Brine [keep at 38° – optional].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Table Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need as needed of Ice Cubes.
- It’s of ● For The Chicken Marinade.
- Prepare 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cracked Sea Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need as needed of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of LG Ziplock Bag.
- Prepare of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare as needed of Your Choice.
The first step is really the most important and that's when we marinate the strips in buttermilk. Get marinades and grilling tips for moist, tasty chicken kabobs. Get marinades and grilling tips for moist, tasty chicken kabobs. Find recipes for dipping sauces, too.
Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips instructions
- Start with 2 pounds of fresh – not frozen chicken strips..
- Rinse strips and cut any fat from chicken..
- Brine strips for one hour for added moisture in chicken. [optional step].
- Pat strips dry and add to a Ziplock Bag. Add all Marinade items and massage well. Refrigerate for 1/2+ hour..
- Grill thin chicken strips for 4 to 5 minutes. Add sauce at finish..
- Your choice but Heinz, Jack Daniels and Sweet Baby Rays [especially sweet baby rays] are all great BBQ sauce brands..
- Grilled Porterhouse steak pictured. See directions under my profile..
- Grilled Baby Back Ribs pictured. See directions under my profile..
- Serve BBQ chicken over mashed potatoes..
- Side with chilled cole slaw or a fresh garden salad. If interested see my recipe under cole slaw in my profile. Enjoy!.
Tender chicken strips are marinated in a delicious but simple Asian mixture, made with lemon grass, then threaded onto. We grilled the chicken for these bbq chicken bowls and served them with a delicious slaw and some black beans and GRILLED corn. This bowl is the perfect combination of warm + cold and also has the perfect balance of textures. Trust us, after you make this recipe for the first time. Spiced chicken, peppers, onions and bacon are skewered, basted with the tastiest bbq sauce, and grilled to perfection!