Spicy Bacon Chili (with sweet potato mash).
You can have Spicy Bacon Chili (with sweet potato mash) using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Bacon Chili (with sweet potato mash)
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 12 slice of bacon.
- You need 2 of Sweet onion.
- It’s 3 of Green pepper.
- You need 1 of jalapeño pepper.
- You need 1 head of garlic.
- Prepare 3 can of (14 oz) fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need of Spice Mix.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
Spicy Bacon Chili (with sweet potato mash) step by step
- Add cubed bacon to a large pot over medium-high heat..
- Stirring occasionally, cook until bacon is crisp. Drain grease as needed..
- Distract yourself from the bacon aroma and chop, dice, and mince your veggies respectively..
- Once bacon is cooked, add the veggies and mix, stirring occasionally..
- When the onions start turning clear, mix in the ground beef and spices..
- After the beef has lightly browned, add the tomatoes and mix..
- Bring your concoction to boil and then back down to simmer for as many hours as you've got. Stir every half – hour to blend the flavors..
- About 45 minutes before you serve the chili, begin cooking the sweet potatoes..
- Poke holes in the Sweet potatoes with a fork and throw 'em in a 450°F stove..
- Check on the potatoes after 30 minutes by poking with a fork to see if completely soft..
- Once the potatoes are done, remove the skin and mash them in a separate bowl..
- In small bowls, ladle chili on sweet potatoes and you're good to go!.