Southern Smoked Pork Butt.
You can cook Southern Smoked Pork Butt using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Smoked Pork Butt
- It’s 6 lb of boston butt pork roast.
- Prepare 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 4 of Tblsp Lawry's seasoned salt.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp mustard powder.
- You need 1 of Tblsp chipotle powder.
- Prepare 3 handfuls of Apple Wood Chips.
- You need of Water.
Southern Smoked Pork Butt step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except for the wood chips.
- Rub pork butt with the dry ingredients, wrap with saran wrap and marinate in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile soak the wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain wood chips then place soaked chips in a foil loaf pan, placing the pan in between the coals and meat.
- Place pork butt on grill over indirect heat when coals ash over and temp is 180-200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slow cook for 9 hours and keep checking and keep adding a few coals to the fire to maintain temp at 180-200, turn butt over every 2 hours also throw some wet chips on the fire occasionally for better smoke flavor ENJOY !!.