Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot).
You can cook Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot)
- Prepare 2-4 of chicken thighs.
- It’s 3 stalks of green onions.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Ginger slices to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken stock.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 3 inch of long piece of ginger, minced.
- You need 4 of green onions, green sections minced.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Peanut oil.
Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot) step by step
- Heat instant pot on the saute function and wait until hot.
- Add olive oil, then saute green onions, ginger, and garlic for several minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot, then add chicken legs.
- Close instant pot and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and natural release when done.
- When removing chicken legs, place them immediately in an ice bath, then on a cooling rack.
- Filter the chicken stock and use it to cook the rice.
- Ginger sauce: combine ginger and green onions with a food processor, or mince by hand and place in heat-resistant bowl. Add salt to taste… more is usually required than you would think..
- Heat enough peanut oil to completely cover mix to smoking point. Place bowl in the sink and pour hot peanut oil over top. Be careful, the oil will spatter!.
- Allow sauce to cool and pour off excess oil. If ginger still tastes too "raw," sauce can be further cooked in the microwave..