You can have Seaside mackerel using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seaside mackerel
- Prepare 1 of good sized fresh mackerel per person, filleted and pin-boned.
- It’s A little of oil, for brushing.
- Prepare of For the stuffing (this serves two, increase the amounts proportionally for more people):.
- You need 100 g of samphire.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of fresh breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of anchovy fillet, drained and chopped, or a small squeeze of anchovy paste.
- You need 2 tsp of creamed horseradish.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard.
- Prepare of zest and juice of ½ lemon.
- It’s of For the parsley sauce:.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of butter.
- It’s of Juice of ½ lemon and ½ lime.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, pressed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of parsley, chopped finely.
Seaside mackerel step by step
- Rinse and pat dry the mackerel fillets, try to remove most of the pin bones but leave the back and skin intact, so that the fillets hold together..
- Whiz all the stuffing ingredients in a blender to make a paste, add a little water if it doesn’t come together..
- Open up the mackerel fillets, skin side down, on a chopping board. Spread a generous amount of the stuffing on half of each mackerel, then close with the other half on top. prepare a few lengths of kitchen string and tie the fillets together in three or four places each along the length. Chill for an hour or so..
- Heat up the grill to medium. Brush the mackerels with a little oil and cook on the grill rack for 4-5 minutes on each side. If the fish is on the large side, give the backs a short blast too turning it onto the cut, stuffed side..
- Prepare the sauce: heat the butter in a small pan until it starts to turn brown, take it off the heat and add the lemon and lime juice. Stir in the pressed garlic and the parsley. Spoon it over the fish and serve with some lightly cooked greens..