Turnip & maple potage (vegan). Turnips are cool-weather vegetables that can be grown both in spring and fall, avoiding the hot summer months. Turnips are hardy biennials usually grown as annuals by the home gardener. You will rarely catch a turnip saying things like When one turpin is insulting another turnip, he will call him a bush.
Turnip, hardy biennial plant in the mustard family, cultivated for its fleshy roots and tender growing tops. Learn more about the turnip plant, its origins, physical description, uses, and cultivation. From turnepe, probably from turn + Middle English nepe, from Old English nǣp, from Latin nāpus. You can cook Turnip & maple potage (vegan) using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turnip & maple potage (vegan)
- Prepare 6 cups of turnip, peeled and cut in small cubes.
- Prepare 1 of medium shallot, minced.
- You need 2 liter of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of avocado oil or any neutral vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dry sage.
- It’s to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk (I've used almond).
The component turn may be due to the round shape of the plant as though turned on a lathe, or because it must be turned and twisted to be harvested. Turnip is the common name for a root vegetable, Brassica rapa var, rapa (Brassica rapa rapa). This plant is grown in temperate climates worldwide for its bulbous, edible root, and the leaves also are consumed. Turnips are popular, nutritious root vegetables.
Turnip & maple potage (vegan) step by step
- In an extra large pot, heat up the oil at medium high heat..
- Add the minced shallots and cook for two minutes or so, stirring frequently, making sure it doesn't get brown. Lower heat if necessary..
- Add the turnip cubes and cook for two minutes or so, as above..
- Add the water and bring to boil..
- Reduce heat, add the maple syrup, the sage, fresh ground black pepper and stirr well..
- Cover and let simer for one hour..
- Put aside (or outside 😜) and let cool down..
- Once it's cooler, use a hand mixer, blender or food processor to make purée..
- Add the nut milk and mix well. You may add more or less milk to get consistency desired. (I personnaly prefer thick potage).
- Taste and adjust seasonning if needed..
- If not freezing some, put back in pot and reheat..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
They are round, tuberous roots grown in many parts of Europe, and Asia as one of the cool-season vegetables. Turnip root is a low-calorie vegetable rich in nutrients, antioxidants Turnip greens are rich in other free radical-scavenging antioxidants too, such as vitamin A, lutein, zeaxanthin. A widely cultivated Eurasian plant of the mustard family, having a large rounded edible. Contribute to jnicklas/turnip development by creating an account on GitHub. Turnip casserole layered with thinly sliced, tender turnips, onions, bread, and bubbly browned Gruyere cheese.