You can have Spinach Pulao using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach Pulao
- It’s 2 handful of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sona masoori rice(or any other rice).
- You need 3 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- You need 5-6 of garlic pods.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil + 1 tsp oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare of Whole spices (2 cloves, 1 cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 star anise, 1 stone flower).
- Prepare 5-10 of split cashews.
- You need 1 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 10-15 of mint leaves.
- Prepare 5-6 of stem coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 of small tomato chopped.
- You need 2 of green chillies slitted.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder.
- You need of Salt as required.
- Prepare drops of Few lemon.
Spinach Pulao instructions
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 mins.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, add spinach and sauté until it becomes soft. Cool it and grind it along with garlic and ginger..
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil and ghee. Add all whole spices and cashews. Let it splutter. Add onion and green chillies. Sauté until it becomes soft. Add ground paste and sauté until raw smell goes. Add mint and coriander leaves and sauté for few mins. Add tomato and sauté until it becomes soft. Add chilly powder and salt..
- Add water and rice. Add few lemon drops. Pressure cook it for 3 whistles..
- Enjoy with onion raita!.