Italian Panino (Vegetarian). If using a panini press, there is no need to flip the sandwich. In Italy, just like in all Europe and North America, a 'panino' (Italian for sandwich) is a popular lunch option, and in some cases also a quick dinner alternative. To Go Panino's are served with a bag of chips!
Place open ciabatta roll onto clean work surface. Spread the Boar's Head Real Mayonnaise on the insides of the roll. If so, the Chicken Provencal Wrap is the perfect recipe for you. You can have Italian Panino (Vegetarian) using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Panino (Vegetarian)
- You need 250 grams of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- You need Handful of fresh rocket leaves/arugula.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes sliced in rings.
- Prepare of Salt to season.
- You need of Freshly crushed black pepper to season.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of unsalted butter/ 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil to grill.
This is an ideal way to use up any leftover rotisserie chicken. Experience the delectable taste of our new Fiorucci Mild Salami & Aged Cheddar Snack Pack. To Go Panino's are served with a bag of chips! Please choose White, Wheat or Bread Free!
Italian Panino (Vegetarian) step by step
- Melt the butter or heat the grill pan and drizzle some olive oil to toast the sandwich.
- Slit the bread from the center into two halves.
- Slice the cheese into rings.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the base slice.
- Add 2-3 rings of mozzarella cheese.
- Add the tomtoes and rocket leaves.
- Add a pinch of salt and crushed black pepper to season.
- Cover with the other slice.
- Press gently and add the sandwich to be grilled on both sides on the hot grill pan.
- Take off heat once done and serve immediately.
- Tip: traditionally a panini pan is used to grill the sandwiches, but this sandwich being versatile, can be made on any grill pan too.
- Tip: for a non vegetarian version, use slices of baked salmon/minced and boiled chicken/canned tuna, etc as a filling. The tomatoes and arugula form the Essence of the sandwich along with the fresh mozzarella.
For a lighter fare or bread-free option, any Panino can be baked in a boat without dough. *We are a gluten rich environment. Flights Vacation Rentals Restaurants Things to do. $$$ Italian Pizza Vegetarian Friendly. The Panino is a unique, rolled sandwich, filled w/ vegetables, cheeses, and/or lean meats. paninos are baked to a golden brown on our famous white or whole wheat dough. With Panino Specialist, Alessandro Fressica at Panino Giusto's The Italian Art of Panino World Tour. If you are not in London, they also have restaurants in Milan, Tokyo, Yokohama, Hong Kong and Cupertino.