Instant pot steel cut oats. Steel cut oats make a warm and healthy breakfast, and today I want to show you how EASY they are to prepare in an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker, so they'll turn out perfectly every time! Steel-cut oats are chewier and coarser in texture than rolled oats, because they are less processed. The oats are cut with steel blades, hence the name "steel-cut" and take longer to cook than instant, ground, or rolled oats.
You can double or triple this Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats Recipe by using the same Oats:Water Ratio without changing the cooking time. Make quick steel-cut oats in an Instant Pot® as a simple and nutritious base for your favorite breakfast toppings. Top with ground flax seed, hemp seed, cinnamon, fruit, honey, syrup, vanilla extract, nut. You can have Instant pot steel cut oats using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant pot steel cut oats
- You need 1 tsp of Coconut oil (or you could use butter).
- Prepare 1 cup of steel cut oats.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need of Optional 2 cinnamon sticks.
- You need of Optional pinch of salt.
- You need of Topping ideas (also see notes).
- It’s of FRUIT: Banana, cinnamon, dates and maple syrup.
Let your Instant Pot do all the work and you will be rewarded with creamy and pleasantly chewy oats. Works great with any type of milk! So I reached out to Instant Pot for clarification and I was told that it was fine to cook steel-cut oats, as long as the oat-water mixture did not fill the pot more Since I knew foam could be a problem when cooking oats in my pressure cooker, I decided to grease the cooking pot before adding the oats and. In this recipe, steel-cut oats are cooked in an Instant Pot.
Instant pot steel cut oats step by step
- Grease your inner pot with butter or coconut oil. I put the sauté on to melt the oil for a few seconds to cover the bottom of the pot..
- Pour in 1 cup of steel cut oats and 3 cups water, alternatively you can cook 2 cups steel cut oats with 6 cups water for a double batch.) I also add a pinch of salt and this is where you can add the cinnamon sticks or even a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder..
- Cook on High Pressure for 6 minutes and allow pressure to release naturally. Give it a stir..
- Steel cut oats are still great for meal prep, you can make it ahead and refrigerate for the week. Refrigerate in small containers. To heat up, you can microwave about a minute or heat up on the stove with a little liquid, to loosen. Then stir in milk or soy and add your favorite toppings. I added nuts, milk, blueberries and a tsp of peanut butter to the pic below..
- Note 1 – Vanilla yogurt and Maple Blueberry Topping – Put a handful of blueberries and 1 tbsp maple syrup in a small pan and heat gently until they soften. Mix 2 tbsp greek yogurt with a few drops of vanilla extract and spoon over hot porridge.Top with the blueberries and syrup..
Or add a dab of butter. Steel-cut oats are whole, oat groats, cut into pieces about the size of dry quinoa. These are not flattened and are the least processed of the oatmeal * See full steel cut oats recipe below. We started pressure cooking oats a few years ago right after we bought our Instant Pot. Searching for a basic steel cut oats recipe for your Instant Pot?