Vegetable Bolognese Sauce (Vegan/Vegetarian).
You can have Vegetable Bolognese Sauce (Vegan/Vegetarian) using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Bolognese Sauce (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- Prepare of Produce.
- It’s 200 gms of Mushrooms (processed).
- You need 1 of Carrot (cut into smallish chunks).
- It’s 1/2 of Leek (Approx 130gms) (chopped).
- It’s 130 gms of Cherry Tomatoes.
- Prepare 50 gms of Baby Spinach.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- You need 1 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Clove (crushed).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Basil Leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Parsley.
- It’s of Others.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Mixed Herbs.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika Powder.
- Prepare 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes.
- You need 1 Cup of Tomato Passata.
- You need 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
Vegetable Bolognese Sauce (Vegan/Vegetarian) step by step
- Prepare the ingredients as per the ingredients list above. Place Mushrooms in a Food processor and blitz lightly. Don't over blitz creating a paste..
- In a pot, add olive oil. Add onions and saute for 2mins, add the garlic and saute for another 5 mins. Add the leek and continue to saute on low another minute. Add the carrot, Mushrooms, herbs and Spices & leaves (I added a chilli also). Stir and fry on a high flame, stirring regularly for approx 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato can and passata, stir and sit to simmer for approx 30mins. At the 25minute mark, throw in the cherry tomatoes. After approx 30mins (or when Carrots soft), thrown in the Peas and Spinach and stir in. This only needs to cook for another minute or so and switch off and serve.