Portuguese Baked Eggs.
You can have Portuguese Baked Eggs using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Portuguese Baked Eggs
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 medium of tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1 of handful leaves of spinach, chopped.
- You need 2 of or 3 jalapeños, each de-seeded and sliced into two halves.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of oregano.
- You need 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- It’s 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
Portuguese Baked Eggs step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the sliced bell peppers and onions to it. Sauté till they turn golden brown..
- Next add tomatoes, garlic, spinach and jalapeños to the pan and sauté till all the vegetables have reduced. (I was running short on jalapeños so I just used chilli instead).
- After the vegetables have reduced, add basil, oregano and paprika to them. You may season the vegetables with pepper too. Add salt to taste..
- Separate the jalapeños from the vegetable-mix..
- I used a pie plate here but a skillet works too. Spray Pam over the pie plate/skillet..
- Transfer the vegetable-mix to the plate and form 6 tiny wells with the help of a scoop or a spoon. In each well add a dollop of ricotta and an egg..
- Decorate as you would like to. I placed a few slices of tomato..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each egg-well and cover the entire plate with a generous layer of grated Parmesan..
- Bake for 20-22 minutes for a little runny yolks and about 40 minutes for well-done eggs and a golden-crisp layer of Parmesan cheese, just the way I like it! Serve hot with some bread, toasted or not as you would like..