Smoked Salmon Oshizushi (Pressed Sushi) For Parties.
You can cook Smoked Salmon Oshizushi (Pressed Sushi) For Parties using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Salmon Oshizushi (Pressed Sushi) For Parties
- Prepare 1 1/2 of rice cooker cups' worth Sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Toasted white sesame seeds.
- You need 50 grams of Smoked salmon.
- It’s 4 of Shiso leaves.
- It’s 1/2 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1 of Usuyaki tamago (very thin omelette).
- It’s 1 of Salmon caviar (ikura).
Smoked Salmon Oshizushi (Pressed Sushi) For Parties step by step
- Before cutting the milk carton as shown in the photo, make 2 lines with a magic marker on the inside of the carton: on 2.5 cm from the bottom and one 5 cm from the bottom. (See the photo in Step 2).
- Line the carton with plastic wrap. The lines are guidelines when you pack in the rice..
- Mix the sesame seeds with the sushi rice. Thinly slice the cucumber. Cook a sheet of usuyaki tamago and shred it finely to make kinshi tamago. (I add a bit of sugar to the egg.).
- Line the bottom of the carton/mold with smoked salmon, leaving no gaps. Layer a shiso leaf on top..
- Stuff in the sushi rice with sesame seeds up to the bottom line. Add some kinshi tamago and a layer of cucumber slices..
- Pack in more sushi rice up to the top line. Squeeze the carton from all sides to neaten up the molded rice. Leave for a while..
- Invert the carton to take out the molded rice. Peel off the plastic wrap, and cut into 12 portions. Wet the knife each time you cut a slice..
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with some ikura (salmon caviar) and it's done..